It is unlawful to sexually harass an employee or applicant in the workplace. There are several different forms of sexual harassment, including unwlecome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature. It is important to know, though, that harassment doesn’t necessarily have to be of sexual nature to qualify as sexual harassment. In fact, sexual harassment can also include offensive remarks based on one’s sex. For instance, making offensive comments to a woman about women in general can qualify as sexual harassment.
The victim and the harasser can either be a male or female, and the harasser can be of the same sex. If you believe you are a victim of sexual harassment, which has consequently resulted in a hostile work environment, offensive work environment, or you have been fired or demoted, it is essential that you contact a sexual harassment lawyer in Los Angeles. At the Law Offices of Mauro Fiore, Jr., our team has successfully handled sexual harassment cases on behalf of our clients. We understand the importance of seeking justice on behalf of our clients and we will do everything it takes to get you the justice that you deserve. We do not charge a thing unless we recover a settlement for you! Contact our team today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
How a Sexual Harassment Attorney in Los Angeles Can Help
Sexual harassment cases are extremely complex. There are a large number of factors that need to be accounted for and must be proved in order to have a successful case. Our team understands the detrimental effects that sexual harassment can leave a victim, which is why we workly diligently on our clients’ cases to ensure optimal results. We are committed to providing our clients with the legal guidance and help they need every step of the way, including:
- Hold the harasser(s) accountable
- Position the strongest possible case
- Obtain the justice and compensation that the victim deserves
- Prevent the employers and harassers from doing it again in the future
At the Law Offices of Mauro Fiore, Jr., we will do everything it takes to bring the strongest possible case on behalf of our clients. No one deserves to be a victim of such a heinous act, which is why we will work tirelessly until our clients receive the justice and compensation that they deserve. If you are a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for a free consultation.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
There are many different types of sexual harassment that can occur, but the most common usually include:
- Unwanted sexual advances/invitations
- Sexual gestures through visual conduct, such as displaying sexually provocative pictures or objects or inappropriate staring
- Verbal comments, such as demeaning comments, lewd remarks, sexually explicit jokes, comments referring to a person’s body, clothing, appearance, etc.
- Physical conduct, such as unwanted touching or hindering one’s ability to move
- Offering benefits regarding employment in return for sexual favors or demanding sexual requests in return for continued employment
- Retaliation for negative response to sexual advances
Contact a Los Angeles Sexual Harassment Lawyer
Have you faced sexual harassment in the workplace? If so, it is essential that you reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Mauro Fiore, Jr., we will do whatever it takes for our clients to get the results they deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation!