Motor Vehicle Frequently Asked Questions

Motor Vehicle Frequently Asked Questions

At the Law Offices of Mauro Fiore, Jr., in Monrovia, attorney Mauro Fiore, Jr., has more than 15 years of experience helping victims of auto accidents in Los Angeles County. At our firm, we hear a lot of questions after a motor vehicle accident. We are here to answer your questions so you know what to expect and what action to take to protect your future.

Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about accidents:

What can I do if I was hit by an uninsured driver?

You can file a claim with your own insurance company if you have UM/UIM coverage. Learn more about what to do after an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.

Can I receive compensation after an accident?

It depends. You may be able to file a claim to receive compensation to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earnings, and your pain and suffering.

What if I was involved in a hit-and-run accident?

You may still be able to receive compensation by filing a claim with your own insurance company. You may also be able to receive compensation through the California Victim Compensation Program, which is a program designed to help victims who have suffered significant injuries due to hit-and-runs.

What information do I need to get after an accident?

You should get contact information from all drivers involved in the accident along with witnesses to the crash. You should also take pictures and notes after the crash to document the damage and your initial injuries to protect and preserve your memory of what happened.

Should I see a doctor after the accident?

Seek medical attention immediately after the accident if you were injured. Even if you don’t think you have any injuries, it is beneficial to go to the doctor. Some symptoms of injuries do not show up right away but you may still be injured.

Who is at fault in rear-end car accidents?

The person who hits the back of the vehicle in a rear-end collision is held responsible in almost all cases. An exception may be made if your vehicle was hit from behind and caused you to hit the vehicle in front of you.

Do I have to sign a settlement with my insurance company?

No. You do not need to sign a settlement. You may speak with a lawyer before signing anything to ensure your rights are protected.

How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?

In California, the statute of limitations for filing a claim is two years from the date of the car accident.

How long will it take to resolve my claim?

Every case is different. You may be able to resolve your claim within a few months depending on the facts of your case. However, it is important to have your attorney explore all options before settling your claim to ensure you get fair and full compensation.

Contact Us To Learn More About How We Can Help

We know you likely have more questions. We invite you to contact us online or call our office at 866-262-3670 to schedule a free initial consultation. We will help you explore your options and guide you through the process of filing a claim.

No Fee Unless We WIN!

Get your free case review by calling now.
Free Consultation

Related Posts

Scroll to Top

Our Phone lines are open!

Get your
questions answered immediately by a Los Angeles attorney