Follow These Steps After A Car Accident
Anger, fear, pain and confusion are all common emotions after an accident. While you cannot prepare for an accident, you can learn about what steps to take after a crash to protect yourself and your future.
At the Law Offices of Mauro Fiore, Jr., we are dedicated to helping individuals and families across Los Angeles County understand what to do in the event they are in an accident.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Below is a list of steps to take after being involved in a car accident:
- Make sure everyone is okay and call for emergency medical attention if necessary.
- Do not leave the scene of an accident.
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Exchange information with all other drivers involved in the crash and any witnesses.
- Do not admit fault to the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company but do not sign any settlement.
- Document your injuries and medical care.
- Take pictures of the accident and any relevant notes.
- Don’t talk to others about the accident.
- Contact an attorney.
Our lawyers will advocate for your best interests after a motor vehicle accident. We know what steps to take to protect your future after you have been injured. We will explore your options for recovering compensation to pay for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact Us To Learn More About What To Do After A Crash
You have rights after suffering an injury in an accident. We will be there to help you from filing a claim to pursuing legal action against the party responsible for the crash. Contact our firm by calling 866-262-3670 for your free consultation. Our entire staff is bilingual in English and Spanish. We have offices in Los Angeles, Monrovia, West Covina and Palm Desert.