6 Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause detrimental repercussions to victims. Injuries can range from minor to severe--and can even be fatal. Every year, a numerous amount of people visit emergency rooms due to slip and fall accidents. At Fiore Legal, our team has successfully represented an immense amount of victims that have been injured in slip and fall accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of another, then it is extremely important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible to protect your best interests and seek compensation for your injuries and other losses.
In this blog, we will discuss some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents, which include:
- Wet or slippery surfaces: Wet or slippery surfaces can be caused by spilled water or other substances, which make up a significant portion of slip and fall accidents. This can include a recently mopped floor, grease spillage at a restaurant, a soaked pool deck, and much more.
- Uneven surfaces: Uneven surfaces, such as cracked sidewalks, driveways, or parking lots, as well as property that is poorly maintained or constructed can result in serious slip, trip, and fall accidents.
- Tripping hazards: Tripping hazards, such as cords, wires, ropes, or loose carpet are also serious risks, which can easily lead to a slip, trip, and fall accident.
- Environmental conditions: Rain, ice, snow, and other hazardous conditions can contribute to serious slip and fall accidents. Property owners and municipalities have a responsibility to maintain steps, walkways, streets, and other areas to prevent an accident from occurring.
- Unsafe stairways: Stairs are common in many households and businesses and it is imperative that property owners take the extra steps necessary to keep stairways as safe as possible. Some common examples of unsafe stairways include damaged or missing steps, slippery steps, missing or damaged handrails, frayed carpet or rug, and much more.
- Poor lightning: Poor lightning in buildings, stairways, walkways, and other areas are another common cause of slip and fall accidents. It is important for property owners to ensure that public areas are always well lit to ensure that people are able to navigate safely from point A to point B.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, our team is here to provide you with the help that you need. Contact us today for a free consultation with a skilled slip and fall accident lawyer in Los Angeles!