Gilbert Perez, III is a trial attorney with Law Offices of Mauro Fiore, Jr. He has tried numerous cases to verdict and has successfully mediated hundreds of matters to successful resolution. His value lies in representing individuals against governmental entities, large corporations and insurance companies – something that he does frequently. He specializes in premises liability and catastrophic injuries. He prides himself on advancing his clients’ interests vigorously, efficiently, and effectively. Mr. Perez always keeps his clients’ objectives in mind, and, if it is in the best interests of a client, he makes a summary determination of whether a matter may be resolved quickly and economically through a negotiated settlement.
He is a member of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Bar Association, a frequent volunteer for Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities and a graduate of CAALA Plaintiff’s Trial Academy.
In his spare time, Mr. Perez enjoys running, working out at the gym, Muay Thai, and spending time with his family. He is an avid Dodgers and Lakers fan.
- Slip And Fall Case Against An Oil Company (Gas Station) In Orange County – Plaintiff Suffered A Torn Quad Tendon. Defense Would Not Offer Any More Than $25,000. Medical Was $8,000 With No Future Medical Care Recommended. Jury Returned A Verdict For $915,000.00 . Almost All Of It In Non-Economic Damages – 81st Largest Personal Injury Verdict In California In 2018.
- Personal Injury: Represented A Minor Client In A Matter Against A School District. The Case Settled For $1 Million, Thereby Avoiding A Costly Trial.
- Instrumental In Settling A Case For $9,000,000.00 Million Against A Governmental Entity For Injuries To A Prominent Physician; Settled Numerous Cases At An Early Stage Via Negotiation With Insurance Companies.
- Medical Malpractice Case That Settled For A Total Of $5,750,000 Against A Prominent Hospital On Behalf Of A Minor (Amount Included The Largest IIED Claim Ever Paid By The Hospital).
- Team That Obtained A $3,200,000.00 Million Dollar Verdict In A Personal Injury Matter. Thereafter, In The Same Matter, Successfully Defended Against And Prevented A Drawn Out Appellate Process.
- Personal Injury Action Involving Negligent Maintenance, Inspection And Operation Of A Premises When A Large Bench Fell Off Of A Set Of Lockers Onto A Uniform Delivery Worker. Settled Prior To Trial For $1,250,000.00.
- Obtained $270,000.00 For Client In A Rear-End Bus Collision Versus A Commercial Holding Company’s Vehicle. Client Had Significant Pre-Existing Injuries Which Created A Challenge And Significant Leverage For The Defense.
- Obtained $500,000.00 Policy Limits On An Initial $25,000 UIM Offer Following One Deposition And Persuasive Letter Writing.
- Premises Liability – Obtained $500,000.00 For A Client Who Cut His Hand On A Trowel While Reaching For A Tool In A Home Improvement Center.
- $330,000.00 For A Rear-End Collision With Minimal Vehicle Damage – “We Represent Individuals, Not Car Manufacturers.”
- Premises Liability – $300,00.00 Trip And Fall By An Elderly Gentleman In A Parking Lot Of A Well-Known Fast Food Chain, Despite Plaintiff’s Ambulation And Balance Issues.
- $650,000.00 For A Vehicle Versus Vehicle Collision In A T-Bone To The Rear Of Client’s Vehicle. Defense Settled Prior To Expenditure Of Significant Time And Resources.