Workers' compensation is a system that benefits employees who are injured or become ill due to their jobs. In Los Angeles, workers' compensation is governed by the California Division of Workers' Compensation, and most employers must carry workers' compensation insurance. If you have been injured on the job, it is essential to consult with an experienced workers' compensation attorney in Los Angeles such as Fiore Legal, to ensure that you receive the full benefits you are entitled to under the law.
Steps to Take After Getting Injured in a Los Angeles Work-Related Accident
If you've been injured in a work-related accident in Los Angeles, here are the steps you should take:
- Inform your supervisor or employer about your injury within 30 days of the accident. This is crucial, as failure to do so may result in you losing the right to file a workers' compensation claim.
- Ensure that your employer documents the injury and that you receive a copy of the report for your records. This documentation will be necessary for the claims process.
- Your employer should file a workers' compensation claim with the insurance provider. This will initiate the claims process and allow you to receive the compensation you're entitled to.
- Determine the amount of workers' compensation you're entitled to receive. This is usually a portion of your weekly wages, but consulting with an attorney is essential to ensure you receive the full benefits you're entitled to.
- Consult us to help you navigate the workers' compensation system and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. At Fiore Legal, our attorneys are dedicated to helping injured workers in Los Angeles get the compensation they deserve.